We’re looking for a Claims Handler to join our Manchester team!
Job Title: Claims Handler – Claims Management Unit
Location: Manchester Hub
Contract: 6 Month Fixed Term
Hours: To be confirmed
Role / Specification:
Based in central Manchester, the successful applicant will form part of the Claims Management Unit (CMU). The CMU provides a full cradle to grave outsource claims handling facility on behalf of Lloyd’s Underwriters and Insurers. The successful candidate will be confident and willing to undertake all aspects of claim handling, including desktop and loss adjuster appointed cases from FNOL recording, through to claim settlement.
Ideally, they will be Cert CII qualified or currently working towards the qualification. They will have an excellent command of English grammar and a sound background in an insurance environment. They should possess excellent communication, customer service and time management skills.
As a successful Claims Handler, your duties will include:
- Recording new losses from policyholders and brokers and providing advice on policy cover, claim process and loss mitigation
- Producing to a high standard preliminary, interim and final reports for submission to insurers
- Obtaining policy information from coverholders and checking policy cover
- Requesting information and gathering supporting documentation from the parties associated with the claim in order to move the claim forward
- Appointing and managing loss adjusters and suppliers
- Actioning claim diaries and where applicable, chase brokers and insurers for information
- Advising policyholders/insurers/brokers on policy liability and providing answers to general insurance queries
- Contacting tradesmen & discussing quotations/invoices with suppliers and repairers
- Obtaining and understanding Equifax reports/weather reports
- To handle claims on a cradle to grave basis including negotiation, settlement and repudiations
If you have these skills and want to join our team, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or click below.Apply Now